Kristianopel


Kristianopel was founded in 1606 by the Danish king Christian IV as an important frontier town.

It replaced the medieval Avaskär just to the north of the present-day Kristianopel. A 2 km town wall can still be seen today. Kristianopel ceased to be a town when Sweden took over the province and founded Karlskrona. The area around Kristianopel buzzes with activity in the summer, and there is a popular guest harbour. The campsite is located in the shelter of the old town wall, only a stone´s throw from the Baltic waves.

There are excellent restaurants and cafés, a youth hostal, shops, handicraft outlets and a musical studio that performing artists queue up to make recordings.